Dedicated (ESX) Host
The feature dedicated host offers you the possibility to create a "Private Cloud" within Swisscom DCS. The option enables you to extend your DDC resource pool through usage of a Swisscom-standardized dedicated cloud stack host (exclusive usage from one tenant). Managing is done on the DCS Portal where you also manage all other resource pools.
Possible use cases could be:
- Software license restrictions (VDI)
- Security considerations
- Real time services (e.g. Terminal Server, VoIP, Lync) -> customer has full control of overprovisioning
Details about dedicated host hardware is to be found here
- It's not possible to order only one host for security and patching/maintenance raesons. -> Min. order amount is 2 hosts.
- Max. size of a VM is max. size of a host.
- An OvDC cannot be moved from a "Shared" to a "Dedicated" environment. However VMs and vApps can still be migrated from one model to another.
- 1 Dedicated Host Pool has a limit of max. 32 hosts (each pool is an ESX cluster).
- Min. duration of contract for a "Dedicated Host" is 6 months.
- It takes up to 8 weeks to provision an order.
Order a Dedicated Host
To order a Dedicated Host please turn to one of the following options:
Create a Data Center on your Dedicated Host
1) On the DCS Portal Overview click on Create new Data Center.
2) Enter a name for your Data Center.
3) Choose between the three available SLA.
4) Now Select Dedicated Host for your deployment model.
5) And choose the host pool in which your Data Center should be deployed.
6) Also select the Resource Allocation Model you want for the Data Center.
From here on forward, the ordering process is the same as described above.
Modify an existing Data Center
1) To Modify an existing Data Center just click on the marked icon. It's the same process as mentioned above (Remember: It is not possible to change the deployment model for a Data Center once it has been created).